Endowments offer an opportunity to establish funds today that will carry your vision to future generations. A gift of $10,000 or greater, payable over as many as five years, creates a fund that will generate annual income in perpetuity (forever) to support the purpose you designate now.
How do endowments benefit SVSU?
- Endowments enable SVSU to be on the cutting edge in research and program development.
- Income from endowments provides a stable source of revenue and a buffer against economic changes.
- As the student population at SVSU continues to increase, so, too, does the need for scholarships.
- Endowments support many of the University's most distinctive intellectual and cultural programs.
Why should I consider establishing an endowment?
- Your endowment carries your vision into the future, administered by guidelines you help develop now.
- Your gift lives forever in a fund that touches many future generations in your name.
- You can add to your endowment at any time, or consider providing for it in your estate planning.
- Your annual gifts are eligible for generous state and federal tax exemptions.
How do I establish an endowment?
A member of the SVSU Foundation staff will work with you to design an endowment plan that suits your giving needs and preferences. Please e-mail or call the SVSU Foundation at (989) 964-4052.
What are examples of existing endowments at SVSU?