Endowments offer an opportunity to establish funds today that will carry your vision to future generations. A gift of $25,000 or greater, payable over as many as five years, creates a fund that will generate annual income in perpetuity (forever) to support the purpose you designate now.
How do endowments benefit SVSU?
- Endowments enable SVSU to be on the cutting edge in research and program development.
- Income from endowments provides a stable source of revenue and a buffer against economic changes.
- Scholarships enable students to stay in college and on track to graduation.
- Endowments support many of the University's most distinctive intellectual and cultural programs.
Why should I consider establishing an endowment?
- Your endowment carries your vision into the future, administered by guidelines you help develop now.
- Your gift lives forever in a fund that touches many future generations in your name.
- You can add to your endowment at any time, or consider providing for it in your estate planning.
- Your annual gifts are eligible for generous state and federal tax exemptions.
How do I establish an endowment?
A member of the SVSU Foundation staff will work with you to design an endowment plan that suits your giving needs and preferences. Please email or call the SVSU Foundation at (989) 964-4052.
What are examples of existing endowments at SVSU?